- Ford 7.3 IDI - up to 1994
Ford 7.3 IDI - up to 1994
For the Ford 7.3 up to 1994, we usually install a new Pollak valve, and bypass the original, capping off the ports of the original. Then we use the original toggle switch and the original two tanks. The front tank is larger, so use that one for veg.
The original mechanical lift pump can be used. You might want to install a new one while you are at it.
Then we use a VM2 or VM3, an HP-16 HotPlate, a Vegtherm VTMP, and one of the large clear plastic pre-filters, to filter the diesel fuel a bit before it reaches the valve(s).
After that, we run both fuels through the original fuel filter (install a new one).
Do the required plumbing and wiring, bleed off the air using the Schraeder valve on the original fuel filter base.
If you have cold winters, you can either blend in some diesel into (warmed) veg as a tank-blend for a few months, or you can add a pad heater to the fuel tank. If you're into doing a little more work, you can remove the tank (have it cleaned while it is out), and install an 8-10" Hotfox tank heater from the top, then reinstall.
- 1-Tank Kits: Mercedes up to 1999 (2)
- 2-Tank Kits: Generic (1)
- Consulting (1)
- Controllers, Sensors, Switches (3)
- Hoses, Clamps, Fittings (1)
- Hotfox (In-Tank Heater) (2)
- HotPlate FPHE's (1)
- Micro Combined Heat and Power (mCHP) (0)
- Oil Collection and Filtering (6)
- Pumps: Lift, Transfer, Circulate (3)
- Tanks (8)
- Valves (3)
- Vegtherms & Other 12V Heaters (2)
- VM2 Filters; Filter Elements (4)
- Welcome! (2)